Talk

Advanced search

HELP ME PRESERVE MY SANITY...10 mtn baby waking, crying every 2 hours...10 months.WHY?

(4 Posts)
gobblygook Fri 30-Sep-11 06:52:43

My 10 month old DS has always been a terrific sleeper. Daytime and night. But the past few weeks his daytime sleeps have been lighter, and possibly shorter.

Now last night and the night before, have been nights from hell. He keeps rolling over onto his stomach and getting 'stuck' - even though he can roll both ways for England when not in the cot - and then last night, he kept crying and sobbing and he is not a crier.

Is it teething? He's definitely got other sypmptoms but he's never been like this with the bottom teeth.

Is it sleep regression?

Will my good sleeper ever come back? Sob.

BuckBuckMcFate Fri 30-Sep-11 06:58:11

I wish I knew the answer. My 10 month old is the same but it has been going on for months a bit longer.

I have been telling myself it will get better when he can sit up/crawl/walk but it's not. <<quietly sobs>>

The only solution I have is coffee and lots of make up.

Hopefully a sleep master will be along to offer some advice.

Gincognito Fri 30-Sep-11 07:09:44

Hello, I have three words for the both of you:

The. Wonder. Weeks.

Seriously, google it, buy the book or the app, look at the website, whatever - it will make you feel a whole lot better!

The short answer is that all babies go through a significant cognitive leap at this age and that for some, it will royally screw their sleep for a while. The good news is it is that it is temporary. For more detail check out the wonder weeks.

Now, if I can just get some sort of app to tell me when my ds is going to wake me up a zillion times with a snotty cold, I will be a happy woman. <tired>

zimm Fri 30-Sep-11 09:57:56

Secodn what gincognito said - DD exactly teh same at 10 months and wonder weeks explained it all very well. Now she is not a good sleeper as such but after this particular sleep regression passed she went back down to one night waking. Now at 14 months she sleeps through 2/3 nights although we are battling with a 5.45am wake up call! It all got a lot better once she mastered crawling (late crawler) and then even better when she swiftly moved on to walking (early walker).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now