Talk

Advanced search

7mo naps gone to pot, help!

(7 Posts)
JugsMcGee Thu 29-Sep-11 11:12:50

DS is not a baby who can skip naps. When he gets tired, he has to nap or he will get overtired and just cry and scream. He doesn't feed to sleep, may have a catnap if in his pram, will sleep in the car if it's going fast enough but will fight sleep in my arms (which makes me a little sad I have to say). He dropped to 2 naps a day a while ago and has been having 2-3 hours in his cot in the morning and 1-2 hours in the afternoon. He's always napped in his cot and normally goes down really easily. Pop him in awake, he drifts off.

Naps were fine on Sunday. Monday morning all hell breaks loose. He just will not go to sleep! I finally managed to get him off in my arms but that was after an hour of crying and moaning. Every nap since then has been the same. WTF is going on?!

JugsMcGee Thu 29-Sep-11 11:25:12

Sorry just to add, when I have finally managed to get him to sleep it's only been for 30 minutes each time so he spends the whole day grumpy.

Mimmee Thu 29-Sep-11 11:46:46

Sorry no advice but going through exact same thing with nearly 7mo old DD - naps gone to pot in last few weeks. Fighting sleep, waking too soon and then going into complete overtired meltdown.

So you're not alone - watching with interest hoping someone will have some good advice!

JugsMcGee Thu 29-Sep-11 11:54:00

Arg Mimmee, sorry you're going through this too. Let's hope someone has a magic solution for us!

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Thu 29-Sep-11 15:01:16

Hi, this happened with my DS when he was 7 months old. He needs his naps otherwise he is very grumpy. All I can say is that he's one 8 months old and back in his routine... ride the storm it will come to an end!

Whathashappenedtomyboobs Thu 29-Sep-11 15:02:35

don't know why I typed "one" before 8 months old....sorry!

Mimmee Thu 29-Sep-11 18:37:49

I keep trying to tell myself it's just a phase to keep me sane so that's good to know!

She seems to only want to sleep on me at the moment and won't be put down and everyone keeps saying i'll spoil her although i don't really mind too much cos get to put my feet up and go on mumsnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now