Talk

Advanced search

Dropping early/night feed for one yr old...

(3 Posts)
Annabel7 Wed 28-Sep-11 22:35:23

One yr old DS has always been an early riser so we changed his bedtime to 9pm as I have a 2.10 yr old DD and couldn't hack being up at 4/5am without hope of catching up on sleep in the day.

So, he still wakes early for milk at 4-6am but will now go back to sleep until about 7.30/8. My question is, how do I drop that early feed (he's really hungry for it)? I know it doesn't seem a nightmare by others' standards but between by DD's wakings and husband waking for work at 6am, I feeling pretty effing knackered right now.

Any advice gratefully received....

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 20:01:31

You must be really tired. If you are bfing, is it possible to bring DS into bed for the early feed and feed him lying down, so that you can get some rest?

If its cows milk or formula could DH possibly give it to him, even if its just some mornings?

The only other things I can suggest are making sure he gets enough calories during the day and if you are giving cows or formula, try to gradually decrease the amount in this feed. Our DD seemed to sleep better at that age if she had a snack before her bedtime milk too.

Annabel7 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:03:20

Sorry for not replying sooner but thanks for this advice JJJ. I will give it a go...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now