Talk

Advanced search

Will 21 months be simply too young to go into a big-kids bed?

(5 Posts)
Kiwiinkits Wed 28-Sep-11 01:04:24

We are expecting our number 2 baby next year and once the new baby grows out of his/her newborn hammock we'd like to put him/her into the cot that DD currently uses. I think this will be when big sister DD is around 21 months. She's a bright girl and very accommodating (one of those rare Angel babies), and I suspect she'll be fine going into a big-kids bed. I really don't want to spend money on another cot that will be grown out of within a few months. But then again, if 21 months is simply too young, then I guess we will have to open our wallets.

The two babies will be sharing a room.

Thoughts?

Sirzy Wed 28-Sep-11 01:09:42

Ds is 22 months and has been in a single bed for about 5 weeks. Touch wood we have had no issues and he has settled really well.

Kiwiinkits Wed 28-Sep-11 01:33:18

Thanks Sirzy. Are you in Australia/NZ or are you just a real night owl!?

queensusan Wed 28-Sep-11 13:48:10

DD1 went into a big bed at about that age, perhaps a couple of months older, for exactly the same reason. She was fine although we put plenty of cushions etc. on the floor next to the bed "just in case"

GreenMonkies Wed 28-Sep-11 13:51:29

DD1 moved into a standard single bed at 18 months or so. She loved it. It was against the wall and we put a cot-rail down the other side so she wouldn't fall out, but could get in and out if she wanted to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now