Talk

Advanced search

Duracell baby - hardly any daytime sleep at 7 months?

(7 Posts)
LunaticFringe Tue 27-Sep-11 21:28:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zimm Wed 28-Sep-11 11:22:38

NCSS says there is the odd baby that is genuinely refreshed after a catnap. Or he might be overtired and hiding it well. Try putting him down for his sleep about 8.45am - if he sleeps then and for longer you'll know. MY DD was and still is a non-napper - it's tough isn't it with no break. If it helps I did not nap AT ALL from about 3 months to one year due to a birth related medical condition and I have 2 degrees, professional job etc. Not all babies need lots of naps to 'develop' - brains can do their busy-work at night.

LunaticFringe Wed 28-Sep-11 21:38:38

HandMini Thu 29-Sep-11 09:16:28

Lunatic, what you describe is v v similar to my DD, who is only 17 weeks and some days will go on 3 x 20 min naps, though more frequently on 3 x 45 min naps. I think the idea that all babies do 4 longish naps a day with the amazing 2 hour nap at lunch time is just not true for all. I've decided not to worry about it, providing my DD is sleeping well at night and eating well and does not seem fractious/distressed in the day. Babies change so fast at every stage that battling to instigate a nap schedule now may work, but you might need to change it all in a month.

Disclaimer: this is my first baby, so I don't really have a clue, but I've read lots of books, none of which my DD "fits" into!!

StoneBaby Thu 29-Sep-11 19:59:05

Those 'Duracell' babies (love the name grin ) do exist. If he is not grumpy or looking tired, I would not worried too much.

My DS used to do 2x20mn naps a day from a very young age. However, he was (and still is) in bed att 6pm and get up at 6.30am (he slept through from 8 months old).

LunaticFringe Thu 29-Sep-11 21:27:41

zimm Fri 30-Sep-11 09:52:23

Sounds like a good relaxed attitude OP! I spent the whole of DD's first year stressing about her naps.....and at 14 months she is still a bad napper....having her morning now 40 minutes and that will prob be her lot for the day!!! She's fine though, does get tired late afternoon but what can do? I look forward to teh day she no longer needs naps and I can forget about them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now