Talk

Advanced search

could he sleep longer?

(2 Posts)
littlepinkfizz Tue 27-Sep-11 10:29:16

my 7mth old ds sleeps from 7pm wakes about 3am(used to be 4.30) then 6.30/7am. Should I see if he can sleep through that first wakening without feeding him(still breast feeding) or will he just grow out of it and i should just go with the flow? It's a long period he sleeps for but don't want to be still getting up feeding during the night when I return to work

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 29-Sep-11 20:23:09

Know that you don't want to be waking up, but think that one waking in the night for a 7 month old is really good little, which ever way you are feeding.

Some things you could try though are expressing or collecting your milk and topping up after the bedtime feed or offering the ebm as a dreamfeed at about 11pm (whatever time suits you really). Alternatively could you express and get someone else to offer a bottle at the 3am feed so that you can sleep through, even if its only some nights of the week. Could you pop him in your bed when he wakes so that you can feed lying down and drift back off?

There is some info here on night weaning if thats what you want to do. There is also some info here on sleep.

Have you spoken to a BFC too? She should be able to talk to you about starting back to work and things you can do to make life easier for you both.

Is there anything else bothering him like a change in rooms, diet or teething? How many times are you bfing during the day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now