Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

low single bed or normal-height for 2-year-old?

(5 Posts)
camflower Tue 27-Sep-11 10:21:17

ds (2) is currently sleeping on a single mattress on the floor after climbing out/falling out of his cot (it was a very high, large us hand-me-down from my inlaws so leaving the side down wasn't much help).

i definitely want to get him a normal single rather than a toddler bed (despite the fact they are v cute!). warren evans do a nice low bed so i wouldn't have to worry about him falling out, but it's not much good for underbed storage. on the other hand he's got quite a big room with a fitted cupboard so possibly storage isn't too much of an issue.
he's a real wandering sleepover too and doesn't even go under any covers for any length of time.

anyone got a low bed then wished they hadn't??

mousymouse Tue 27-Sep-11 10:21:47

normal + bed guard

camflower Tue 27-Sep-11 10:43:28

he would probably climb over the bed guard too knowing him!

BlueChampagne Tue 27-Sep-11 13:13:10

Have you got room to leave the mattress down in case he does fall out?

I had quite a low bed as a kid and used it till I left home.

camflower Tue 27-Sep-11 13:27:19

yes i suppose that is another option - leave cot mattress out at night and push it back under during the day. been looking at foamy tubes that go under the sheet to create a ridge. might be less faff than a bed frame - and easier (lighter) to take away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now