Talk

Advanced search

Baby asleep but crying every few hours in the night?

(5 Posts)
tattyteddy Mon 26-Sep-11 09:34:55

hello,

I hope someone can provide some help. My baby is normally a good sleeper and has been going done at 9pm until 6, and she's 6 months old.

However, lately she has been crying in her sleep at about hourly intervals. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know why she may be doing this?

Any responses greatly appreciated

Tattyteddy xxx

Graciescotland Mon 26-Sep-11 10:08:40

No real advice as to why but my DS 13 months still does this, it's not proper crying just the odd random wail. I found that if I picked up/ tried to soothe all I'd do is wake him.

Try and leave her unless she wakes, she'll either settle back down or wake up properly. Once she's awake you have lots of time to soothe.

tattyteddy Mon 26-Sep-11 14:11:17

Thanks for the reply, I think you're right it's best not to wake her! I hope tonights better than last night! Xx

fififrog Mon 26-Sep-11 19:04:16

Yeah DD is doing this fairly regularly at the moment, also 6 months. Very frustrating isn't it? Mine won't yet sleep through either so never know whether she's going to wail, wail and wake then self-settle, wake and need attention or wake and need a feed! Argh!!

tattyteddy Mon 26-Sep-11 22:14:30

Thanks fifi, it is frustrating!

If got my fingers crossed for tonight, I think she has a bit of a cold and that may exlain last night.

I hope you all get a good night sleep too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now