Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this wrong?

(3 Posts)
kimberlina Thu 22-Sep-11 20:57:11

I've just stopped DDs last BF at bedtime. She is 11 months old. I was worried that she might miss it but seems not to notice. I didnt feed to sleep but she was very heavy lidded when I put her down.

The first night with no BF she cried for 5 mins, I went in and comforted her and then she went to sleep. The same happened for the next 2 nights.

TOnight I just quietly held her for 10 mins or so which is how long she used to BF for and she rolled over and went straight to sleep when I put her down. So I think she is missing the bedtime cuddle rather than the BF.

If I continue with a 10 minute cuddle each night will I find myself tied to this for years to come?

I realise that this is not a major problem compared to some peoples problems but I so want to make this transition a smooth one.

jjazz Thu 22-Sep-11 21:26:44

you could reduce the 10 minutes very slowly over several nights but i think she will quickly adapt to being put straight down anyway so do what you feel happiest with. You have the right approach in doing thin at a relatively young age- its when they are 3 and still need someone with them until they are asleep..

kimberlina Thu 22-Sep-11 21:49:08

Thanks jjazz - I'll do a slow reduction over the next few days to wean her off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now