Talk

Advanced search

Don't Shoot Me...5mo sleeps A LOT - is this normal?

(7 Posts)
PinkSecular Thu 22-Sep-11 18:54:52

I have a lovely 5mo DD, very relaxed but from very early she has loved her daytime zzzzz I have no issue with this at all normally - but thought I should do a quick spot-check that all this sleep during the day is 'normal' & whether there are others out there??
She sleeps in a hammock, sleeps ttn but has a good hour or so nap in the morning, followed by a decent 2 hour nap in the afternoon & very often a further hour late afternoon. I take her to play dates & very often end up having to put her in their dc's cots so she can get 40 winks! she seems to be continually rubbing her eyes looking for her next nap!

Mimmee Thu 22-Sep-11 19:48:27

Sounds perfectly normal and you are very lucky! smile

brettgirl2 Sun 25-Sep-11 15:26:53

My daughter slept loads at that age - everytime she got crabby I bunged her in a cot. Make the most.of it!

faverolles Sun 25-Sep-11 15:30:15

My sisters older 2 both slept 13 hours at night, then had 2 x 2 hour sleeps during the day.
They are both fine.
I. Am. Not. Jealous. At. All. envy

threeinmybed Sun 25-Sep-11 20:21:00

Don't worry. My DS is almost 1, and sleeps 13-14 hours per night and still has 1 x 45 min nap in the morning and 1 x 2.5 hour nap in the early afternoon. There's no question of not giving it to him; he'll just drop wherever he is if you don't put him in a cot.

One charming lady suggested he was abnormal and I should take him to the doctor. I suspect she was jealous. Enjoy your relaxed baby!

JugsMcGee Tue 27-Sep-11 11:00:20

Mine was the same, he was still sleeping about 6 hours in the day! He's 7mo now and still has a 2/3 hour morning nap followed by a 1/2 hour afternoon nap.

PinkSecular Tue 27-Sep-11 19:51:31

Brilliant! thank you all :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now