Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving from sleep bags to duvet?

(7 Posts)
Atwaroverscrabble Thu 22-Sep-11 09:09:44

hello!

Dd is 22 months and i have always used a sleep bag with her and she likes them but i am starting to think about moving her to a duvet, she has a flat pillow in her bed and i would say her head is on it 6-7 times out of 10 so not that consistently... Does anyone have any advice as to best way and time to do this?

She is still in cotbed with sides up btw....

MegBusset Thu 22-Sep-11 09:20:39

If she's happy in a sleeping bag I would leave her in a sleeping bag tbh. Neither of mine had duvets or pillows until they went into a bed at around 2.6.

Nevercan Thu 22-Sep-11 10:02:35

My dd1 is 2.5 and she had a blanket rather than a duvet for about 6 months and she moved into a big bed last week and had a duvet for the first time

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 22-Sep-11 11:19:00

Ok so perhaps wait until we take the sides off the cot bed... Whenever that might be! Would be handy if she stayed in them through winter amywat i guess..

EggsOvaryZee Thu 22-Sep-11 11:22:25

My DD's the same age. She still in sleeping bags and cot with sides up. Recently she's making a big fuss about not wanting to go to bed etc...so we bought her a duvet since we'd just bought her older brother a new one. I was going to ditch the sleeping bags til she tried to climb out. So now, she is in sleeping bag but also a duvet over her - using the lightest tog sleeping bag. Working so far. Don't want to take cot sides off yet, want to leave it as long as possible and hopefully still wearing a bag will stop her climbing out.

Seona1973 Thu 22-Sep-11 16:56:18

ds stayed in his grobag and his cot until he was 2 1/2 years and then got a duvet when he went into a big bed.

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 22-Sep-11 20:03:41

Oh cool! Hopefully she'll be happy in it until spring then! Its funny but shes not shown any interest in climbing out of bed yet so perhaps the sleeping bag is helping with that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now