Talk

Advanced search

Millpond sleep consultancy - should I go for it?

(5 Posts)
Aloha31 Tue 20-Sep-11 13:28:02

Hello, my DD is 14 wks and used to sleep well through the night, she went to bed at 7, self-settled and woke twice without really crying, fed quickly and straight back to sleep. Sometimes she only woke for one feed, around 4.30. For 3 weeks she is hard to settle for day naps and wakes 6-7 times through the night from midnight-ish on (not for food - she only feeds once). Sometimes she just won't resettle and screams for hours on and off. I don't want to let her cry it out or use CC. I average around 2-3 hours sleep per night. She is EBF but takes a bottle of expressed milk before bed (no dreamfeed as it disrupted her further) so I know she has had a good feed. She isn't waking due to hunger, wind or temp. I think teething may have something to do with it, but sleep would help her!

I am interested in seeking advice from Millpond, what do you think?

Angel786 Tue 20-Sep-11 14:15:03

Go for it. If you're only getting 2-3 hours you need more sleep!

My dd didn't sleep through until 8 mths when I stopped bf. Cc didn't work for her either.

I've heard nightnannies are also good.

Number1SonMum Wed 21-Sep-11 20:56:44

You can tell MP you don't want to do CC or CIO. We nearly used them then decided to leave it 2 weeks, and, well it got better! No SSTN but most babies don't but I feel ok sleep wise now. You can call them and chat things through a bit. Good luck.

fivegomadindorset Wed 21-Sep-11 21:00:00

Have you had her checked that there isn't anything else wrong? Reflux, colic etc.

Aloha31 Sun 25-Sep-11 09:39:18

It's not reflux or colic...DP said to wait two weeks, and luckily things have improved! Spoke to HV who confirmed teething.

Actually, I emailed Millpond to see what kind of package would help us and they phoned back saying that both the pain and self settling were the issue, which was very nice of them. I would have used them if DD had continued, but we are getting back to normal now and the teething pain is managed (Nelson's teetha is brilliant!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now