Talk

Advanced search

What TOG duvet for 2.8 yr old in winter?

(8 Posts)
Teleaddict Tue 20-Sep-11 08:47:06

Hi, dd currently has summer duvet which isn't going to be warm enough as the weather gets colder. Just wondered if anyone knew what TOG I should be looking at? She is in a single bed and our house isn't v warm except when I win the war of the boiler and manage to convince 'it's not cold' husband to put the heating on!!
Thanks

wheredidiputit Tue 20-Sep-11 10:31:35

dc have 4.5tog duvets and in the winter they have a throw as extra warmth if needed.

Meggymoodle Tue 20-Sep-11 14:18:09

Hi I was wondering the same thing, and I too have an "it's not cold, think of the environment" DH....

Last winter DS had a 9tog cot duvet. This year he's in the a big bed with a single duvet so I'm guessing we're going to have to go and get a thicker one.

Seona1973 Tue 20-Sep-11 18:28:03

the maximum tog recommended for a child in a single bed is 10.5tog whereas the maximum for a cot bed/junior bed is 4.5tog. (something to do with the relative surface area covered by the child). My 2 have 4.5 tog when it is warmer and 10.5tog in the winter (we live in Scotland)

Catsdontcare Tue 20-Sep-11 18:32:14

Ds has a 7.5 tog. He is 3 and is in a normal single bed

PrettyCandles Tue 20-Sep-11 18:35:33

Get a 3-in-1 quilt: 4 tog plus 9 tog, which can button together to make a 13 tog. We have two sets between the three dc, and find them the best option. All the dc also have a blanket at the foot of their beds.

And don't underestimate the added value of wooly bedsocks!

Teleaddict Tue 20-Sep-11 19:39:56

Thank you for all of the replies, didn't appreciate the difference between single bed and toddler bed. I like the idea of putting a throw on but may invest in a thicker tog for the winter as she is funny about having anything different oh her bed - true OCD toddler behavior. Thanks again.

Flisspaps Tue 20-Sep-11 19:40:53

Can you not put the throw inside the duvet cover, thus giving an extra layer but without her seeing anything different?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now