Talk

Advanced search

9 month old sleeps at night but v little during day...

(3 Posts)
goodlifemummy Sun 18-Sep-11 14:42:40

I realise how lucky I am that my 9 month old DS sleeps through the night. But I need him to sleep during the day too! He usually has a half hour nap at around 9.15 after the school run, followed by what is supposed to be a 2 hour sleep at 12.00. However, at this second sleep he often wakes after 45 mins or so. He gets stuck on his tummy and cries and cries. I have tried turning him back over, but it seems that once he is awake, he is awake! I try wearing him out with a physical activity during the morning, and this seems to be no help at all. I have tried dropping the morning sleep too, but still the same. Any suggestions gratefully received! Maybe this is just the way he is? Think I was spoilt with my DTD's who slept like logs during the day! Thanks everyone! xx

SootySweepandSue Sun 18-Sep-11 14:47:03

My DD was exactly as you described. Eventually he will drop the morning nap and hopefully sleep for longer in the afternoon.

However even now my DD (now nearly 13 months) can go all day with about 45 mins kip. It is hard as I find I have to have occupiers for her so I am able to get a few things done. Unfortunately this includes a backlog of teletubbies which I wanted to avoid till she was older smile. Lots of books and of course toys too.

Nagoo Sun 18-Sep-11 14:50:25

<staggers in with moon on stick>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now