Talk

Advanced search

slumber bear

(6 Posts)
hiss42 Fri 16-Sep-11 13:36:26

Has anyone got one? What do you think of it?
DS is 4 weeks old (BF) and refuses to sleep in his moses basket so ends up in bed with us. I was going to try a baby hammock but he's so big we're already thinking about transferring from moses to cot so it's not worth the money!
any other suggestions? I don't want him sleeping in our bed!

rubyslippers Fri 16-Sep-11 13:38:52

Why don't you want him in your bed? Not trying to be arsey, but if you all get some sleep that way then isn't that better?

I co-slept with my DD until she was around 17 weeks and then she went into a cot without a peep

FWIW, swaddling always helped settle both of mine

hiss42 Fri 16-Sep-11 13:52:31

Oh i'd rather have him in my bed than DP :D but we live in a rented house, our bed broke and the idiot estate agents have replaced it with a three-quarter size one. Since it's a 'furnished' house, they won't even let us take the useless thing out and buy our own! It's barely big enough for us two, I don't want him in the middle as I don't trust DP and it's just too small to have him on the edge next to me. That's where he is at the mo but I'm worried about when he starts rolling!
He hates swaddling! He likes sleeping with his arms in the air!

pinkgirlythoughts Sat 17-Sep-11 13:55:20

I've bought one on Ebay, expecting it to be delivered in the next couple of days! Really wanted a Ewan the Dream Sheep, as I've heard they're amazing for getting little ones to sleep, but the entire internet is sold out of them- I bid on one on Ebay that went for £39 second hand, when they only cost £29.99 new!

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on with the slumber bear when it comes.

SarahScot Sat 17-Sep-11 15:29:33

DD has had a slumberbear since she was 2 weeks old and even now at 6 months she calms and snoozes off (sometimes) when it comes on. Would def recommend.

hiss42 Sun 18-Sep-11 00:38:01

thanks Sarah! I think I'm hoping for a miricle cure but any help soothing is positive!

Please do pinkgirly! I've just ordered one aswell, wish I'd heard of Ewan before I ordered it now. Just looked online and the fact it lights up seems a plus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now