Talk

Advanced search

Help with toddler who won't stay in bed

(3 Posts)
RichyRich77 Fri 16-Sep-11 05:13:09

Dad who comes in peace here,
Right where do I begin? Our daughter used to be a 12hr a night girl in her own bed, that was until last winter when she started coming through to our room 2-3 times a night. Some night we can get her back to sleep in her bed which involves us sitting in her room till asleep, other nights like tonight just turn into a running battle. I've been up with her since 1:30 and I'm starting to loose the plot.
We tried the who super nanny no talk back to bed thing for over 3 weeks a while back with no joy, it just resulted in the family getting no sleep (she was able to keep trying to come through for 5-6 hours a night, she has more stamina than I). We cannot leave the room while trying to get her back down as she just kicks off and follows you out. Taking her into our bed is not an option either as this again leads to my wife and I getting no sleep.
Anyone have any suggestions as this is really starting to effect all of our relationships, we are permanently shattered which means our fuses are short to say the least.
Thanks,
Rich.

Moodykat Fri 16-Sep-11 05:28:26

How old is she? We have a babygate on DS1's bedroom so he can't escape! He has his bed and his cot in his bedroom though and if he's very unsettled he just goes back in there!

RichyRich77 Fri 16-Sep-11 09:40:58

She's 3 next month. Were all still awake, no sleep 1:30 can't be good for your health

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now