Talk

Advanced search

separation anxiety and night waking

(2 Posts)
sam26oscar Thu 15-Sep-11 22:32:55

As i type my DD is asleep beside me in my bed! She is nearly 7 months old. She has always had a bedtime routin and until last night has gone down at around7.30pm and slept til next feed time. Last week i noticed that she was really whingy and then realised she has separation issues as per development milestone. However, she has now started to wake every 40 mins to make sure i am there, which obviously is really draining. My question is... what do i do???? Do i keep picking her up and cuddling her back to sleep or do i let her in my bed til i go to sleep then transfer her to cot after her dream feed? i really dont want her in my bed all night as too worried about suffocating . I have tried to pat and shush but she just goes ballistic. Either way it just seems like another potential habit forming prop. Any advice valuable
many thanks!!!

AllBellyandBoobs Fri 16-Sep-11 14:01:03

No help here I'm afraid but just wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat (I think). My dd is 5.5months old and is now waking every hour crying. I thought it might be developmental, another regression (although since 12 weeks we've never had a progression), due to starting solids, having been on holiday, possibly teething or a combination of all of them. The only way she'll sleep half decently is coming into bed with me. As soon as I take her into my room and lay her on the bed she smiles at me, feeds and then sleeps. It isn't somethng I'm keen on doing as I don't sleep brilliantly that way (although admittedly better than getting up to her every hour) and I don't want her to stop associating her cot with sleep. Anyway, I'll watch with interest and hope you get some good suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now