Talk

Advanced search

11 month old suddenly won't sleep without me in the room.

(5 Posts)
lizardqueenie Wed 14-Sep-11 18:19:27

Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice about putting 11 month old DD to bed.
She has usually been pretty good at settling herself, and I could leave her with her sheep White noise thing going & comfort bear, shut the door & she would 9/10 go off without ne having to come back in.
However suddenly & I wonder if this is a bit of separation anxiety, she cries when I go to leave the room at bedtime & won't settle down until I return. I've started just sitting in the corner of the room, don't need to say anything or usually pick her up but wonder if I'll need to do this now forever or if it's just a passing phase. Thanks

lizardqueenie Wed 14-Sep-11 18:25:06

Hmm that last but sounds awfully snippy- didn't mean to but dH just woke her back up by talking loudly to the cat! angry

notonmywatch Wed 14-Sep-11 21:31:35

Sounds very familar, we went through something like this when DD was about 9/10 months. We just sat with her as we decided it was the easiest thing to do and within 2 or 3 weeks she was back to normal. It does pass.

lizardqueenie Wed 14-Sep-11 21:55:38

Thanks nomw That's good to know. She eventually dropped off this evening after roaming around the cot & I just checked on her & she is completely upside down- but asleep! Thats the main thing!

notonmywatch Wed 14-Sep-11 22:21:46

Honestly, my heart sunk when my DD started doing this as for the previous few months it had just been a case of putting her into bed after her bottle (lucky I know). But, we were just there for her and it seemed to reassure her and cause the least heart ache for us all and she came through it okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now