Talk

Advanced search

Duvets for Cots...not cot beds?

(10 Posts)
StaceyH83 Tue 13-Sep-11 21:51:08

Hi, I was hoping another mummy might have some advice for me.

My 13 month old son has a cot, 120x60cm, and it's getting cold, so I want to get him a duvet for winter. A proper duvet, not a blanket or quilt. But I only seem to find duvets for a cot BED which are quite a lot bigger.

So now I'm thinking that I just need to get a cot bed one and tuck it down the sides.

Has anyone else done this? Or does anyone know if I can get a smaller one somewhere for the cot? Thought I would shout out for advice before I pay for a big one and see for myself!!

Thanks x

cheekyginger Tue 13-Sep-11 22:12:52

Sorry i know this isnt what you asked, but how about a gro bag? You can get wee sleeping bags with arms that are nice and cosy. And for the future they can come in handy to stop kamakaze children being able to fling their leg over the edge of their cot to escape!!

You might not be able to find a small duvets as the HV etc are always a bit paranoid about covers etc that are not breathable in case kids get tangled in it for risk of suffocation....blah blah blah.

Good luck though....smile

DeepLeafEverything Tue 13-Sep-11 22:14:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Tue 13-Sep-11 22:14:46

mothercare always used to do them....

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 13-Sep-11 22:15:51

We have a grobag style thingy and then a blanket over the top - started with a cot duvet in cot nearer to 2 (light grobag -summer one- with a duvet over the top)

thisisyesterday Tue 13-Sep-11 22:17:12

here

that said, i don't think a cotbed one would be that huge on a cot would it? they aren't that much bigger

tiokiko Tue 13-Sep-11 22:17:54

IKEA and Mothercare both do cot-size duvets - IKEA is cheaper but lighter weight, Mothercare have a range.

However I agree that a grobag is better at that age. At 13m your DS might end up kicking the duvet off or getting overheated.

Grobags are v cosy for the winter so I would stick with that for a while yet.

feetheart Tue 13-Sep-11 22:18:09

I have a small one that I was going to put on ebay.
Bought it for DS's cot but he started to escape head first so went into big boy's bed pretty quickly shock

PM me if you would like it.

flibberdyjibbert Tue 13-Sep-11 22:18:38

We got a John Lewis value range cot sized duvet, which did the job fine (& less than £20). Pretty sure Verbaudet do them too (under 'children's bedrooms', then select the smallest size). Duvets & pillows aren't recommended under 12 months. We got one so we could change DD from a grobag to a duvet in her cot prior to the transition to a bed, to make the change easier.

RitaMorgan Tue 13-Sep-11 22:21:32

Ikea do them - my 13 month old has an Ikea duvet in his cot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now