Talk

Advanced search

7mth twins wide awake 2am onwards

(4 Posts)
PeskyTwins Mon 12-Sep-11 10:19:46

I'm out of ideas, our 7mth twin boys CAN sleep through the night(!!) but now wake up somewhere around 2 or 3am and then regularly until morning they wail until we go in but are just wide awake and want to play. They aren't hungry and although they are teething on and off they aren't in pain or anything. We're Gina ford-ing it so i'm really strict with naps in the daytime and they can't survive with any less sleep in the day. They go down without a fight at 7pm and will go back off to sleep next to me on the bed eventually. They will take a dummy but don't want it at this point, I've even tried offering milk but they don't want it! Why won't they sleep!! Help please!

RitaMorgan Mon 12-Sep-11 10:23:47

Overtired maybe? Do they get enough sleep in the day?

HoorahHilda Mon 12-Sep-11 10:25:43

I really feel for you . My memory is such a blur from that time ( my dt's are now 4 ) , so i can't even remember how we muddled through ! So , no help , but did not want your post to go unanswered .

Could there be an outside light somewhere? ( we had a neighbours one that kept waking the boys up .. a cat or something would turn it on and off all night ) . You must be exhausted.

PeskyTwins Mon 12-Sep-11 10:27:19

Well they seem to do really well at naps in the day - go off well and wake up happy and if they cut a nap short I compensate with another or an earlier bedtime. and when they wak in the night it's not that they are crying - sometimes we can leave them chatting happily for half an hour but eventually they just get bored rather than falling back to sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now