Talk

Advanced search

What's the oldest age you've introduced a bedtime routine? And how did it work leaving it late?

(9 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 09-Sep-11 21:26:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Fri 09-Sep-11 21:28:54

i've never introduced one to any of mine and they all just worked it out eventually!
so there is hope lol
mine are 6, 4 and 2 and mostly go to bed ok now

Loopymumsy Sat 10-Sep-11 07:14:57

jstock Sat 10-Sep-11 07:25:46

my DS1 started his bedtime routine at 10mo,(he's 2.4 now) it was difficult at first but now he's a complete dream at bedtime a few stories, kisses then he'll turn over and go to sleep......it's just the getting up at 5 we need to sort!! my DS2 is now sleeping at the right(for us) times he did it himself really.

jetgirl Sat 10-Sep-11 07:38:32

Hello Loopy!
Well DD was probably about a year old. I went back to work (pt) when she was 17 weeks old and selfishly wanted to spend as much time as I could with her on the days I had been at work.
DS probably about a year but because he was demand feeding and hated solids he would still want lots in the evening. I think I wanted it to be sooner but he wasn't playing ball! Certainly by the age of 2 he was quite happy with a feed then going to bed.

thisisyesterday Sat 10-Sep-11 17:47:25

well, from memory, they were all staying upstairs from around 5months (ds1) to about 7 months (ds2).. ds3 was somewhere in the middle.

what i mean by that is that they were still waking up for feeds (ds1 wasn't, he slept through quite early, but the other 2 still woke)... but generally from around 7.30-ish they would just wake for feeds and then go back to sleep, so i would keep them upstairs in the cot and just pop up to feed them

I just gradually began to notice with all iof them that after their evening feeds they weren't really alert and would settle back down to sleep if i tried... so that was my cue to start putting them in the dark upstairs and not keep them down with me

Loopymumsy Sat 10-Sep-11 21:19:53

cowboylover Mon 12-Sep-11 09:41:53

Loopy: does she have a6th sence as how ever deep she is sleeping the moment she touches the crib shes screaming the house down? Just us maybe?

Loopymumsy Mon 12-Sep-11 13:58:26

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now