Talk

Advanced search

Sleep for Mummy

(3 Posts)
GiantUnderCrackers Fri 09-Sep-11 15:49:13

Not sure this is the right forum if not please do guide me in the right direction if not! DD is now 3.5 months old. I seemed to be getting on with the lack of sleep, due to what I think must have been adrenaline up until now. I now feel shockingly tired and worn out - worse than the early days of newborn dd - even though she is now sleeping well at night! Is this normal? Thankzzzz! Any tips to feel more refreshed after zz's?

estobi1 Fri 09-Sep-11 22:02:05

yes i think it is (not an expert). I dont think you ever know how tired you can be until you have had children (e.g I fell asleep whilst driving without realizing! luckily we were safe but it was a life changing moment). It catches up with you. Don't try to be superwoman, let other people help as much as they can. Don't expect too much of yourself and try to nap in the day when your baby does. If you are feeding her yourself may be she is going through a growth spurt and may be more demanding. Might also be worth getting your iron levels checked out since anaemia may make you more tired. good luck and enjoy

Timeoutofmind Sat 10-Sep-11 22:01:00

Yes I think it hits you after around 3 months and like you say its probably the adrenaline has worn off.

Like previous post says don't try to be superwoman. I think you will start feeling more human again soon. It all started coming together for me when DD was around 5mo. I think your body just needs to get used to the changes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now