Talk

Advanced search

Any sleeping bag recommendations for long and lean 7mo?

(9 Posts)
Justguessing Thu 08-Sep-11 21:01:53

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I'm new!

I've been putting my dd in 0-6 month grobags but now that she's almost 7mo, she's too long for them but too lean for the next size up (and the excess 'bag' flaps around her face).

Can anyone recommend a slightly slimmer sleeping bag for 6+ months? I prefer side to middle zipping ones.

Many thanks!

MayDayChild Thu 08-Sep-11 21:40:31

I've never had a problem with grobag brand for my skinny kids.
Some come with under arm poppers. There are lots of diff ones available.

Justguessing Thu 08-Sep-11 22:13:09

Thanks mayday, I might just be being a little pfb on the grobag front then! The 6-18 months grobag I've got doesn't have the underarm poppers, which I like for peace of mind purposes given that dd is a skinny malink. If anyone can point me in the direction of a 6+ month bag with the poppers, I'd be very grateful.

PositivePrana Thu 08-Sep-11 22:24:49

Hi there, I would recommend a bambino merino or merino kids sleeping bag, they are a little more pricy than the grobag but they are beautiful quality, fit from approx 3 months to 2 years, so worth the extra bucks and really good for temperature regulation.
Try here www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk/merino-collection/merino-accessories/

HumptyDumpty1 Thu 08-Sep-11 23:08:34

John Lewis do some fantastic sleeping bags, very comfy and fit my lanky DD! If they made an adult size one I would actually buy one.....blush grin

Justguessing Fri 09-Sep-11 18:30:34

Like the sound of a sleeping bag that's suitable for all seasons, if I cant stretch my maternity pay that far this month I'll definitely be putting the merino one on my wish list.

John Lewis bags look great too, I'll give them a go! Many thanks for your suggestions.

AlwaysRocking Fri 09-Sep-11 18:35:49

If you have a TK Maxx near you it might be worth having a look as my local one had loads of different brands and style of sleeping bags so you might find something, and they're quite cheap.

UKSky Sat 10-Sep-11 23:43:38

Take a quick look in Tesco or Mothercare. They both do sleeping bags with poppers to decrease the armhole size and have adjustable shoulder straps.

FSB Sun 25-Sep-11 19:18:10

We were given a fantastic one from friends in Canada which came with Velcro strips that fastened around the chest, that way u could adjust it for a snug fit... You could add some to your 6-18m grobag smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now