Talk

Advanced search

Early hour fidgets (poor tummy?)

(7 Posts)
Dozeyland Tue 06-Sep-11 21:39:41

My 10mo DD goes to bed between 7-8, will sleep soundly until around 1/2am has a bf, then goes off again (i think she's got herself use to this feed (comfort) as she cant be hungry - she eats very well!) but then a few hours after she will moan in her sleep, roll around, get upset then the only thing that settles her off to sleep in milk.

sometimes her dummy will soother her but she gets herself into a cross mode as she can obviously smell my milk when i try and cuddle her.

this has been every night/every other since about 3weeks ago. since then she has cut her first tooth - but as soon as 6:30/7:30am comes - she's happy as usual. its just from 1am-5am anywhere in that time frame she gets a bit unsettled?

Dozeyland Tue 06-Sep-11 21:40:38

She sleeps in our room in her cot.

FootballFriend Tue 06-Sep-11 21:41:50

As she's only 10mo it is quite possible she gets hungry again (small tummy), or else wants comfort.

My DD2 is nearly 4 and still fidgets between 3-6am, usually she needs a wee.

Dozeyland Tue 06-Sep-11 21:42:45

forgot to mention that she goes down willingly at bedtime. loves her sleep, thats why i think she gets cross is because her sleep is disturbed

Dozeyland Tue 06-Sep-11 21:43:53

Thanks FF

Yah possible, she does bring her legs up sometimes and passes wind. so that makes me think her tummy is poorly sad

Dozeyland Thu 08-Sep-11 09:40:58

Last night, she went to bed at 8:45 (over-tired) then grizzled for a feed at not even 12! i tried dummy, and water but she just wanted a little milk. then she still fidgeted hourly until morning. another feed at like 4, then awake at 6:30 but fidgeted loads from 12 onwards.

why is this?!?!

up until 4 weeks ago she would quite happily do 7:30/8-3:30/4 then awake at 7am NO GRIZZLES or fidgets

Dozeyland Thu 08-Sep-11 09:41:37

Teeth? growth spurt? tummy?
routine of one milk feed a night?

also we moved house in july but she was fine when we first got here, just the lkast month

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now