Talk

Advanced search

7mo moved to own room, won't sleep past 2am

(5 Posts)
Shanster Tue 06-Sep-11 13:48:12

Baby has been in the bedroom with us since birth until this weekend when we moved his cot to his own room. He had been sleeping in bed with me and feeding all night long until about 2 weeks ago when I offered water from a bottle and put him back in his cot...after 2 nights of this, he started sleeping until about 4. At 4, I fed him and put him back in cot until he woke up around 6ish and back to bed with me for long morning feed.
Since moving to his own room, he wakes at 2am and won't settle. I rock him back to sleep and wait until I think he's out but the moment I put him in the cot he wakes up and SCREAMS. I was up from 2-5 last night and can't take much more. Went the CIO route with my daughter at about 11 months and hated it. Don't want to do the same here...what are my options? Go back to sleeping with him and try again in a few weeks? tried shusshing and back patting, both seem just to enrage him more.

Iggly Tue 06-Sep-11 19:16:55

He could be hungry. I'd give a feed as you can stop later - there is a growth spurt around now. Also check he's not cold -DS wakes at this time currently because the temp really has dropped at night!!

Seona1973 Tue 06-Sep-11 21:14:04

I would also try feeding at 2am and see if that settles him until morning

Shanster Thu 08-Sep-11 02:09:43

Thanks, last night he woke at 4 and I just brought him into bed (was exhausted) and he fed on both sides on and off until 6 when he was awake and ready to get up. He is eating an incredible amount of solids this week (8 jars today?) but his milk intake during the day has fallen off a cliff. I think he might just be thirsty at night?

Iggly Thu 08-Sep-11 06:20:17

It depends on the solids he's eating - they might not be as filing as milk, so he gets hungry at night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now