Talk

Advanced search

16month old needs a nap

(4 Posts)
baressentials Tue 06-Sep-11 11:42:54

Can anyone advise me please?
My 16 month old needs a nap in the middle of the day. He is still breastfed. He will happily fall asleep on my boob for up to an hour.
I've just put him up to bed and he is now screaming. But I know if I get him up he will fall asleep on me. I know the summer holidays have put him out (I have older DCs).
So what do you suggest? Let him cry it out? Let him sleep on me? I really don't want to do that - I selfishly want that hour in the day for me, but i hate to hear him him cry when I know he is so exhausted. If I keep going upstairs every few minutes or so at what point do I give up and bring him downstairs?
Any advise very welcome.
TIA

Tigresswoods Tue 06-Sep-11 11:44:32

With mine we give him an earlyish lunch then it's up to bed. No messing. He does cry but only for a couple of mins. Go for it tomorrow.

baressentials Tue 06-Sep-11 11:53:15

I gave him an early lunch. He's still crying. Will go up to him but not bring him down. Though I say that but I can't leave him up for there for hours with me going up every 5 mins or so. Hes bloody exhausted.

Iggly Tue 06-Sep-11 19:15:05

Can you give two naps? One short one at half 9/10 then another at 1? Let him sleep on you until he gets used to napping then you can drop the morning nap. DS had two naps until 19/20 months (morning nap became sporadic after 18)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now