Talk

Advanced search

How many naps and for how long?

(2 Posts)
Fuzzled Mon 05-Sep-11 16:57:45

DS is 11mo and has been having two naps a day - one at about 9.30am for 1.5 - 2 hours (he's up at 6-6.30am) and then another going down between 1.30-2pm for about 1.5 hours (although this one can be pushed back a bit if he's busy doing stuff/we're out and about).
So 2 naps with about 3.5-4 hours sleep.

For the last couple of days, he's been getting very frustrated and screaming at the pm nap. Yesterday he refused to go down, and today only did about 45 mins before getting up - he was in his cot for about 1.5 hours, but only asleep for half of that. I suspect that he wouldn't have gone down if he hadn't missed his am nap due to me having to be out.

However, he is then very tired at bedtime (bottle at 6.30pm, half hour to get rid of wind with quiet playing then bath & bed) and it isn't feasible to move bedtime or DH wouldn't ever see him.

Can anyone tell me if this is the right age for him to drop a nap? Is there anyway to "move" his am nap later to even out the naps?

I'd only just got used to the old routine! TIA

Paschaelina Mon 05-Sep-11 17:02:08

Don't have answers i'm afraid, just my experience of my nearly one year old son. He has in the last month swapped his naps around from 11-1pm and 45 mins at around 4pm to 10.30 - 11.15ish and 2-4ish. Still around 2.5-3 hours max. He goes to sleep around 7.15-30 and sleeps around 11 hours.

Im certain he needs both naps still and will do for some time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now