Talk

Advanced search

Advice please - bringing bedtime forward

(2 Posts)
Clueless79 Mon 05-Sep-11 09:05:11

My 4mo ds falls asleep somewhere between 8.30 and 9.30 every night despite seeming tired a lot earlier and me doing the bedtime routine early in the evening. He has lately started to fall asleep straight after bath time but wakes up again as if from a short nap. I feel as if he's ready for an earlier bed time but can't get him to fall asleep properly for the night. He falls asleep on me after extended bf and I carry him up with me to bed where he settles well in his cot.

The selfish part is that I'm also feeling so ready for some baby-free wind down time in the evenings. Now he's sleeping longer through the night I don't feel the need to be going to bed at the same time as ds and would really love even a tiny bit of evening back to just relax without a little person attached to me!

I'd really appreciate hearing about others' experiences with this.

Zimm Mon 05-Sep-11 10:25:58

Hmmm DD similar at that age - we just edged her bedtime forward very gradually..A solid bedtiem routine that is no longer than 30 minutes should help plus no naps 3 hours before bedtime?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now