Talk

Advanced search

colief, anyone tried it?

(8 Posts)
DontShootTheDog Sun 04-Sep-11 09:35:51

HV has recomended it but it is £12! I am going to Drs tomorrow anyway for Gaviscon so may try my luck and see if they'll prescribe this too, in case Gav doesn't work. i am getting desperate, been up since 2am. 2AM!

Luckily DS1 is with GPs today but DH is out so not much chance of a rest.

firsttimemum90 Sun 04-Sep-11 10:03:54

hi there colief is brilliend you see the difference after second feed! when my ds was around 6 weeks he was so fussy with feeding, arching back crying...alot of crying! the docs said reflux gave gavison with little difference apart from constipation! then trie ranitine which help for a few days but then back to fussy self. then i brough colief and saw the diffeerence straight away! went staright to the doc the next day and got it on prescription never had a problem since. ds is now 8 months and doing great with milk and food and you would never know he had a problem as a small baby.
tell your doc health visitor has advised you to try it and they should prescribe it. if they dont buy it once if it makes a differece which im sure it will, go back to docs then they def with prescribe it for you!

DontShootTheDog Sun 04-Sep-11 10:06:11

Thanks, I will. I EBF, will I manage without bottles and sterilisers etc? i can express some milk into a spoon say, and administer it like that would that be ok?

Fo0ffyShmoofer Sun 04-Sep-11 10:07:04

Colief is brilliant stuff. A proper little miracle worker. I used it on both of mine.

It is available on prescription, the Doctor should prescribe it c

MamaLaMoo Mon 05-Sep-11 17:49:29

Hi, I bought some of this yesterday but have not tried it as not sure problem with DD2 is actually due to lactose deficiency and associated problems digesting milk.

firsttimemum90 and Fo0ffyShmoofer did you know your LO had lactose deficiency or did you just try it out of desperation?

MamaLaMoo Mon 05-Sep-11 17:51:14

DontShootTheDog I read the instruction leaflet before buying as EBF also and yes you add 4 drops to expressed milk on a spoon and feed to baby, could use a syringe to help.

firsttimemum90 Tue 06-Sep-11 20:59:55

sorry for late reply, yes you add it to expressed breast milk and give to ds off a sppon.
no ds doesnt have a lactose deficiency, colief does help break down the lactose. when babies are so little lactose can be hard to digest in their little tummies so the colief helps this and is thought to stop the belly aches/colic they suffer from.
i didnt make my post to clear, by the time ds was around 14 weeks i stopped the drops and he was still completley fine, it just helps small babies digest their milk. it is suitable from newborn, and wont cause any harm to your baby if he doesnt need it. If i was you i would give it a go, if you see no difference in say 48 hours stop giving it and discuss your ds with docs they may be able to get something else that helps.
keep us updated on how he is doing smile

notnearlyasblondasiwas Tue 06-Sep-11 21:42:32

I bought some to try with DD now 7 weeks but never used it as she settled down. Am happy to post it to you if you PM me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now