Talk

Advanced search

Wonder Week 26

(4 Posts)
Akrasia Sat 03-Sep-11 21:45:06

Is this really just down to the growth spurt, or have I created bad habits?

DS will be 26 weeks next week. He's always been a bit rubbish at sleeping for long, but we did have a few weeks of waking only once or twice in the night. He's now 25 weeks, and, I gather, in the middle of a huge growth spurty type thing.

His sleeping has gone to pot. We co-sleep, he is ebf, and I breastfeed on demand. For the last few weeks, he's been waking up every one-to-two hours for feeding.

If I do nothing, in terms of "training", will it pass? I don't want to set up bad habits, which is my main worry here, but I'm struggling with justifying any kind of training. I have read NCSS, and it makes sense, but we're kind of doing all that anyway.

Obviously, he won't be doing this when he's 25. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a crappy sleeper who got better by themselves before you went completely mad?

cocoachannel Sun 04-Sep-11 10:59:02

No real advice, but just to stay that wonder week 26 has been the hardest for us by a long way. DD's sleeping has gone completely nuts, from sleeping through (with a dreamfeed) to waking hourly on the odd night.

I too just keep with the mantra that she'll sleep through one day! (I use 18, but then my Mum pointed out at that stage I probably won't be sleeping for worry about what she's up to grin).

Akrasia Sun 04-Sep-11 21:50:56

Ah well - sorry to hear you're having a hard time too, but glad to know I'm not the only one!

This really is horrendous - the other leaps involved sleeplessness and being unsettled, but it was nothing compared to this.

elfgypsy Thu 08-Sep-11 19:16:45

oh someone else going thru this, its been a week of it for me and I also go with the NCSS and feel that I have to suspend my expectations whilst also worrying that I am setting up bad habits of hourly feeds but she will not settle with anything less at the moment. I haven't got the wonder weeks book, just heard of it but doesn't seem worth it at this late stage but I would love some encouragement to get thru this time...she has just got her first teeth and started crawling and roaring like a dinasaur all of a sudden, guessing its frustration, thankfully she is also chuckling a lot which really helps,
wishing you all strength and support
x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now