Talk

Advanced search

dream feed for EBF baby

(5 Posts)
DontShootTheDog Sat 03-Sep-11 14:03:55

I can't get him to wake up enough to take it, without (not tried it yet) properly waking him up. If I don't feed at my bedtime he wakes at 2-3am and then spends the rest of the night unsettled. When I have managed to feed him at 10pm he will go until 5am - I can live with that, even if he is unsettled for the rest of the morning til I have to get up! He sleeps in the evenings, generally I put him to bed at about 8pm, following a feed. Should I stop putting him to bed (and lose my evenings again??)

Zipitydooda Sat 03-Sep-11 16:48:38

How old is he?
My DS is 14 weeks and was just like this early on. I gave up on dream feed and put up with early morning wakefulness; I just kept putting a dummy back in his mouth and hoping for the best! Failing that I bought him in to bed with me and fed/dozed until 6.30ish when the rest of the house gets up.
It only lasted a few weeks, then he became more settled after the night feed and would properly go back to sleep.
Now he sleeps right through. Things will change quickly probably and youll get your sleep back!

Zipitydooda Sat 03-Sep-11 16:50:42

How old is he?
My DS is 14 weeks and was just like this early on. I gave up on dream feed and put up with early morning wakefulness; I just kept putting a dummy back in his mouth and hoping for the best! Failing that I bought him in to bed with me and fed/dozed until 6.30ish when the rest of the house gets up.
It only lasted a few weeks, then he became more settled after the night feed and would properly go back to sleep.
Now he sleeps right through. Things will change quickly probably and youll get your sleep back!

DontShootTheDog Sat 03-Sep-11 17:28:50

Thanks, he is only 9 weeks. He gets so uncomfortable after his night feed (off to GP Monday to try Gaviscon), so if that happens at 5am that is ok! I'll just bear with it then. Cheers

Zipitydooda Sun 04-Sep-11 09:13:09

My DS also seemed so uncomfortable after that feed, I was convinced he was in tummy pain and needed a poo with grunts, cries etc. I didn't try gaviscon but did use infacol which didn't help. He just changed by himself in the end.
Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now