Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Worried something is wrong...

(2 Posts)
Gracie123 Fri 02-Sep-11 07:06:47

Not sure if it's something serious, but my 14month old, who has been sleeping 7-7 since Christmas, woke at 10.30 and screamed the place down last night for nearly 45 minutes. She was shaking and convulsing the entire time, even when she was drifting back to sleep (nearly and hour later, after some calpol and ibuprofen) her little body kept shuddering on me.

I know some people are going to say it's just poor sleeping, but I've never seen her hysterical like this, even when she used to wake for night feeds, she'd whinge a bit, but not full on screaming and shaking.

She looked really scared, and refused to be comforted, or to have milk.

Not sure if it's related, but she had 1 year vaccines about two weeks ago and had temperature for about a week. She's also had a really upset stomach since then.

Funny thing is she didn't need a diaper change and even after all the screaming had died down, was still clean and dry, so I don't think it was her stomach in pain. Also, she doesn't cry like that about going to the toilet inthe day, even though it is very runny (sorry TMI).

Any ideas? If it persists, should we go to the GP? I hate to waste their time, but equally don't want to have to wait until Monday if she is like this again tonight...

DialMforMummy Fri 02-Sep-11 13:24:45

Ring NHS direct and ask them for advice. May be it was a nasty nightmare?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now