Talk

Advanced search

Question on CC

(4 Posts)
doblet Thu 01-Sep-11 11:07:26

Firstly, please do not post if you are wanting to start an argument on CC, I have made an informed choice to use it as a last resort.

If I am no longer supposed to feed to sleep at bedtime, what about the dream feed? DD usually wakes 11ish for a feed. Do I continue with this? She is 6.5mo. I know not to feed her at subsequent wakings but surely she will be hungry if I don't do a late night feed?

Weissbier Thu 01-Sep-11 11:44:49

I've never done CC but at that age I'd feed her as you can't be sure she doesn't need it, and you don't want to go through CC worrying if it might possibly be that she's hungry.

cornsilksi Thu 01-Sep-11 11:46:01

I would feed her.

smellsofsick Fri 02-Sep-11 13:48:04

How well established is she on food? My LO didn't drop her 11pm feed until she was on three proper meals a day (plus milk). A carb heavy meal in the evening really helped too.

I guess the only way you can find out though is when you feel confident enough, just leave her and see if she wakes up!

FWIW you're right not to do CC unless you're 100% committed to it - starting and giving up is just confusing and makes you a wreck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now