Advanced search

Co-sleeping with toddlers

(8 Posts)
GalaxyWeaver Wed 31-Aug-11 23:28:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamDeathstare Thu 01-Sep-11 14:32:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FannyBrawne Thu 01-Sep-11 14:39:07

I got DS a double futon in his room (he is a big roller)- I lie with him until he falls asleep. If he wakes in the night I want a cuddle, I just get in with him.

OvO Thu 01-Sep-11 14:44:32

I still co sleep most nights with my almost 4 year old.

I don't have any advice about stopping as I'm just going to continue until he decides to stop. Do you want to stop or do you feel you have to?

worldgonecrazy Thu 01-Sep-11 14:56:15

DD is 20 months. We were going to cosleep to a year, then 18 months, then 2 years, then my husband turned around and said "maybe when she's 5". We love cuddling up, especially at weekends. I know at some point within the next 3 years DD is going to want her own bedroom, especially as her room (which she's never slept in) is done out fabulously with glow-in-the-dark stars and moons. I've heard from many other cosleepers that around the age of 2 or 3 most toddlers ask for their own room/bed and just have the occasional snuggle with mum and dad.

If it's good enough for Brad and Angelina . . . . .

YoungMotherTubby Thu 01-Sep-11 15:02:47

My 18 mth old starts off in cot every night but when she wakes up I just bring her in with us - sometimes it's not until 6am ish.
No plans to change this - we get enough sleep and so does she.

Didn't co-sleep with DC1 and many's a night stood at side of cot or creeping away for him just to wake up and go through it again - and he was hoarse crying. Eventually this controlled sleeping worked but with hindsight wasn't worth it - we'd both have slept if he was with me.

With other DC I just brought them in when they woke up (sleep deprived as also had a job that involved driving 40 miles to get home at 1am!). One of them stopped coming in when he was 6!!

They all eventually stop wanting to sleep beside mummy - enjoy it while you can - they're a long time grown up

casskel Thu 01-Sep-11 15:44:45

my 2 yo jst wont sleep thru the night. he goes down ok bout 7 30 8 but wakes 12 30 2 30 then is wide awake at 4 30.

Maamaa Thu 01-Sep-11 16:16:21

We co-sleep with our 1yr old and she still feeds in the night but never really wakes up unless I'm a bit slow rolling over! We never intended to co-sleep but I would recommend it to anyone. I am starting to feel like the time is coming to put her in a cot but then I think to myself that it's not what we really want, it's more like we feel we should so I'm resisting! I would say be sure that it's what you really want and is best for you all before you make a decision. The only drawback for us is our sex life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now