Talk

Advanced search

Help 6 month old!

(3 Posts)
Boredprobably Wed 31-Aug-11 13:42:02

Hello all,
my ds is 6.5 months old and slept brilliantly until 4 months I'm guessing this is sleep regression as he wakes every 2-3 hours and last night it was every 1-2 hours. Not really hungry just had short bf then back to sleep but it's exhausting I tend to give up at about 6am and have him in our bed. I guess what I really want to know is what I should be aiming for, when is a good bedtime etc and should he sleep through? He tends to go to bed at 8/8.30 and first wakes at around 11 and it all kicks off from there. Any ideas? What are your evening routines like? We have started blw so he needs to be involved in the family meal.
Thanks so much.

Angel786 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:45:26

Hi Boredprobably, I think the sleep through the night thing is tough. Some babies master it at 3-4 months, others not til 1 year plus.

My DD had lots of sleep issues and had a regression around 6/7 months. From 8 months she slept through the night due to a combination of things. She had mastered moving (regressed when starting to crawl / shuffle), eating 3 solid meals a day, formula only (phased out breastmilk). She did wake up at 1am for breastfeeds until I stopped feeding, just picked her up, have a cuddle and put her down again. Also left her when she wakes up and cried for 5 mins (before would go into her room and try and calm / feed her) - leaving her to self soothe. She also has a comfort blanky which she relies on q heavily.

Our eve routine is 7pm bottle, 7.30 dinner, 8pm bed (put her down the same way each night, put in gro bag, put lullabies on, cuddle and go). Bath every other day before bottle.

Hope you manage to find something that works for you. I know the deprivation of sleep can drive you nuts.

cocoachannel Thu 01-Sep-11 07:46:12

Hi there,

No answers, but support as I am going through exactly the same thing. DD is 6 months and is now waking 3 or 4 times from her 7pm bedtime. This is about where we were at 6 weeks! She had a couple of weeks of sleeping through at 4 months, but it all went a bit nuts when she started trying to sit up/crawl and her top teeth started emerging (bottom two came through with no problems).

I have been wondering whether she'd benefit from a comfort blanket. She currently sleeps in a grobag and doesn't have anything else in the cot. I've been a bit paranoid about any other bedding, but think even a muslin cloth may help her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now