Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tell me how you used your baby hammock esp nb - 12 wks

(2 Posts)
anangel Wed 31-Aug-11 09:58:53

hi,

i'd love to hear from mums with an amby/ other hammock. ds2 is 5 weeks and the most we've managed is half an hour, with lots of rocking. i thought this was some miracle sleep tool! i find the sling works much better. really want to get the hammock working, ds1 was a three hour at a time boy at night, this one is much more restless. so i'd like to know what to expect, how you got baby sleeping hammock, when, how long for etc... am i expecting a bit much too soon?

thanks in advance!

YogaMummy2B Sat 03-Sep-11 23:19:59

Hi there, I have an Amby. Got it when DD was approx 6 weeks old. Didn't turn out to be a miracle straight away but could not part with it now. DD is 23 weeks & loves it.
She sleeps in it for day time naps & sleeps in cot at night time. The first time she really got the hammock I swaddled her and bounced it. She doesn't much like the rocking, prefers to bounce up & down. I think I spent too much time on my yoga ball whilst pregnant!
Anyway, now I just pop her in, give it a quick bounce to settle her & she goes over herself.
I think it is great to keep them sleeping longer if you read their sleep signs & get them over in the first place on time. Eg. If I put my LO in her hammock for morning nap at 8.30 (from 7am start) she will often sleep for 11/2 hours - 2ish hours. If she is in her cot 45 mins tops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now