Talk

Advanced search

10 month old WILL NOT nap

(3 Posts)
RatherBeACyborg Tue 30-Aug-11 11:46:26

At all. She will fall asleep in the car sometimes but it isn't practical for me to drive around for hours each day. I have a 3 year old and it's not fair on her. Also I am back to work soon.

I have tried:
bfing to sleep
sling
pushchair
PUPD
No cry sleep solution
Healthy sleep habit happy baby
Andrea Grace
and even cc

Nothing and I mean NOTHING will get her to nap in the day. She has about a couple of 15 minute ones when we go out . I try and time any outings/chores to a time when she should be napping so she can get a bit. Otherwise if left to her own devices she will stay awake all day, (getting increasingly grumpy), then fall asleep on me about 5ish. And then will be up loads in the night. (More so than usual).

I just don't know what to do.

At night she will mostly settle okay at bedtime but wakes at least twice in the night. I usually bf her back to sleep. But even that doesn't work in the day.

Shall I just give up and accept she isn't a napper. I seem to be spending a large part of my day trying to get her to nap. And a huge amount of energy stressing over it and the effect it will have on her long term.

Help please!

bagelmonkey Tue 30-Aug-11 14:07:31

I have one just like yours!
My DD is 7 months. PUPD worked once and she napped well for about a month, but now she just wants to play constantly and PUPD doesn't work.
I boobed her to sleep for a while, but now that doesn't work for naps anymore either!
I have to walk for about 2 hours to get 10-15 mins of light dozing.
Luckily boobing to sleep seems to work at bedtime, but I've no idea what will happen if that stops working. It's already taking longer to boob her back to sleep in the night.
I hope someone can help you.

RatherBeACyborg Wed 31-Aug-11 13:10:23

Thank you. I think I'm just going to give up with trying to get her to nap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now