Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about your 6/7mo's naps.

(3 Posts)
debka Tue 30-Aug-11 11:34:09

DD2 is 6.5 months and is busy changing her napping routine and I've not quite caught up yet! She used to have 3-4 naps a day, after being awake for 1.5 or 1.3/4 hours. This is no longer working- the last 3 days she's refused her morning nap and gone down much later.

What are your 6mos doing?

doblet Tue 30-Aug-11 11:37:34

I think guidelines for this age are naps every 2-3 hours for a total of 3 hours throughout the day so maybe your LO is telling you she doesn't need so much sleep during the day?

afussyphase Tue 30-Aug-11 17:39:45

Mine's only 5months + 1 week and is DEFINITELY not napping well. She'll only sleep for 20-40 minutes at a time, usually 2-3 times a day - late morning, early-mid afternoon and late afternoon/early evening. If we go out in the car she'll sleep, or she'll sleep at the breast (often waking soon after I put her down), or sometimes in the buggy, but sometimes not. If I was able to let her have all her naps on my chest she'd be thrilled but I have a 3yo DD so it's not possible. I'll watch this thread with great interest in any advice that comes up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now