Talk

Advanced search

6 week regression

(1 Post)
scriptbunny Tue 23-Aug-11 12:56:22

Hi,

There might be a thread on this already, if so, many apologies, just point me in the right direction. If not, could anyone walk me through the characteristics of the 6 week sleep regression I've heard about?

DS is 5 and a half weeks and for the past few days has first been even more hungry than usual (never off the tit), and for the past two days really grouchy and sleepy. However he seems to have lost the ability to self-settle, gets easily over-stimulated and fights sleep, while at the same time is clearly knackered. I'm shush-patting and swaddling him and he has eventually gone down today better than yesterday. He's back to sleeping in 2 hour chunks during the night, whereas 10 days ago he could go for 4 or 5 hours. He's otherwise very healthy, putting on weight like a prize heffer and doing all the things the books say he should for his age.

Any tips, information or ideas on how long this might last and what causes it very gratefully received.

Thanks so much.

SB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now