Talk

Advanced search

Cheerful whilst doing pupd. Help?!

(7 Posts)
mimmymouse Wed 17-Aug-11 20:20:11

My 8.5mth old DD is dreadful through the night, waking up to 12 times. So, we're doing pupd. We obviously know what to do when she's crying - but I don't quite know what to do when she is relatively cheerful,but not asleep.

Do I keep putting down to lying if she stands or sits up?

Do I try to leave the room? (This has, so far resulted in screaming, even if I have been sitting 5 feet away whilst she has played quietly in her cot for 10 mins.)

Do I assume she isn't tired? Take her out of the cot and reawait tired cues? I don't think this is particularly wise at bedtime, but more experienced pupd Mums might disagree?

The BW is wonderfully vague at times!

Many thanks

bagelmonkey Thu 18-Aug-11 10:17:33

I need to know this too!
Same problem with 6.5 month DD (not the standing bit, rolling around grinning and laughing at me)

mimmymouse Fri 19-Aug-11 10:48:15

Bump

BananaPie Fri 19-Aug-11 19:40:46

You could just walk off and leave her to it - come back and pick up when she cries?

bagelmonkey Fri 19-Aug-11 20:34:30

BananaPie that's what I decided to try! It's so hard to know if you're thinking along the right lines and if your plans make sense when all your focus seems to be on getting them down for naps, so it's great that you've suggested the same plan of attack.

PatronSaintOfDucks Sat 20-Aug-11 23:28:37

Ladies, how do you do PUPD with an 8.5 month old? I tried it with my 6 month old and nearly put my back out after lifting him out of the cot and putting him back about 25 times! That Baby Whisperer book should really come with a health hazard warning!

mimmymouse Sun 21-Aug-11 07:27:01

Bananapie - it worked a treat.

And she slept through the night last night - 4th night of PUPD! Had two unbelievable naps yesterday too - 2hrs and 1.5hrs. UNHEARD of. Feel drunk on sleep.

Hi PatronSaint! Okay, so my neck and back were killing me on day one due to the 2hrs of PUPD we did at "nap" time (ha!). But DH did the nights (so weak Mummy didn't give in and just BF DD) and he is a little hardier than me... To be honest, we did less PU and more PD, only picking up DD if she was really crying. PD not as physically taxing. Have been doing lots of stretching! Have also completed tasks - again, unheard of.

Let me know how you get on.

Bagelmonkey, how is it going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now