Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to get 19mo to stay in bed?

(1 Post)
BeeBopBunny Tue 16-Aug-11 10:39:03

My 19mo DD climbed out of her cot a couple of weeks ago and landed on the floor with a bump. This forced our hand to put her in a proper bed rather earlier than we'd anticipated. So, the bed arrived, DD loved it and the first two nights wre a dream - she only got out of bed once and went to sleep fairly quickly after that. But last night she wouldn't stay in bed. After putting her back in about 10 times I gave up and put her in her travel cot (which she hasn't been able to climb out of yet) and she went to sleep quickly. She wouldn't stay in her bed for yesterday's morning nap, or today's.

I know it's early days, but I just wondered what the best way of dealing with this is? I don't want to encourage any bad habits that will be harder to break later on. Should I keep putting her int he bed time after time until she eventually falls asleep, or is this just going to turn into the best game ever? Or should I persevere for a while then put her int he travel cot? Maybe concentrate on the bed at bedtime and use the travel cot for naps for the time being?

When she does get out she tends to pull the books of the shelf and 'read' them, twang the doorstop etc but this morning when she should have been napping she was starting to open the bedroom door when I went to put her back in bed. We can toddler-proof the door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now