Talk

Advanced search

tummy sleeping.

(6 Posts)
Moulesfrites Mon 15-Aug-11 08:55:18

my ds is nearly 7 months old. I always put him on his back to sleep but recently he has been going onto his side. This morning however I went in and he was on his tummy, face down, not even to the side, he sort of had his hands under his face to allow the air to get in I suppose!

I freaked out a bit when I saw this. He is good at rolling but better back to front than front to back, plus he is in a grow bag so I'm not sure he would be able to get back on his back if he wanted to.

Having said this, last night he slept better than he has for ages, waking only twice for a bf, which is a good night! Should I be worried about the new tummy sleeping development?

wigglemama Mon 15-Aug-11 09:11:39

No, don't worry. My two dcs love sleeping on their tummies and always have! If he rolled onto his tummy and didn't like it, he would let you know about it I'm sure! I do understand your worry though xxx

climategirl Mon 15-Aug-11 09:17:18

My DS did exactly the same. He switched to sleeping on his front around 7 months. Although we were worried because the "Back to Sleep" thing is very ingrained, in fact, there is nothing you can do - because if you put him on his back, he just turns over again. Any risk of cot death is much lower after 6 months, so please do not worry! It is not doing him any harm. He is now 12 months and sleeps on his side.

WinterLover Mon 15-Aug-11 14:04:48

DS has been getting onto his side from a few days old and then onto his tummy since he was 2 weeks old!! It does seem to be the only position he will sleep in some times.

Angel786 Mon 15-Aug-11 15:07:15

My dd was on her back till 5 months then on her tummy since. Don't think there's any need to worry.

freybean Mon 15-Aug-11 16:30:00

my dd will only go to sleep on her front, even as a newborn. we had to keep 'flipping' her around when the hv came.

still don't think there is anything to worry about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now