Talk

Advanced search

any ideas how to get ds to sleep past 5.30

(4 Posts)
griphook Sat 13-Aug-11 00:00:47

he is 16 months old, used to wake at 4.30 EVERY morning and now it's 5.30. The thing is I think that he is still tired as he will wake for an hour and then can go back to sleep for anthor 2/3 hours. But at 5.30 he is wide awake.

i think half the problem is that he is such a fiddgit and wakes himself up banging around in the cot. some times he sleep in bed with me and he managed to wiggle from next to head a whole 90 degress, but also at the bottom of the bed by my feet.

Any ideas would be great, other than glue i'm stuck

thenightsky Sat 13-Aug-11 00:05:56

Hmm... i had this with DS too... in with me and he could wiggle right down to me feet.
I need to think back a long way as mine are now aged 24 and 19 (eek) but i used to wake em up at 11pm (0r whenever I was close to my own bedtime) and feed them warm milk or something. That seemed to allow them to sleep through till about 7 or 8am.

pinkteddy Sat 13-Aug-11 00:12:44

Is the room dark - it gets light very early now? If you can't get a blackout blind you could try hanging a towel or a blanket over the curtain rail to darken the room. Other than that, I think its perseverance, on no account get up with him, just keep insisting that its still night time, don't raise your voice, just ssh, its night-time, go back to sleep. It will work eventually! Also does he still have a day time nap?

OnEdge Sat 13-Aug-11 00:15:06

My DD is 12 months, I put a huge thick throw over her whole cot. I placed a small surf board across the top of the cot, with the throw over it. This held it out at the sides, and allowed the air to circulate.

I was really desperate and was trying anything. It worked, it kept both the light and the noise out of her cot, I got an extra 3 hours sleep on the first night because she slept in until 8.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now