Talk

Advanced search

Such a thing as too much sleep?!

(1 Post)
gabity Thu 11-Aug-11 09:30:38

Probably being silly but can a child sleep too much? When do you worry? DD is perfect in every other way, she is now 18 months, never had so much as a cold and never been sick so very healthy, full of fun and energy etc.

She has always been a 'fantastic' sleeper, she was a couple of months premature and was sleeping through before her 'due' date. (which in itself was a worry as she wasn't even 5lb but her Consultant assured us that it was fine) since then she has woken up 3 or 4 times in 16 months over night, never for anything more than a cuddle and went straight back to sleep.

Until last month her sleep pattern at night was 6pm - 8am, every night without fail, we have been trying to push her bed time forward and she is now going down around 7/7.30pm.

What is really worrying me is that she still needs her morning and afternoon nap, if we are at home she will easily sleep 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon - about 18 hours a day! Feel like I never see her! On the days when I am at work her Dad has her and she is the same, when we are out and about and she misses her naps it doesn't seem to bother her, until the next day when she will sleep even longer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now