Talk

Advanced search

5 month old coming into our bed in the morning.

(13 Posts)
BeanInMyBelly Wed 10-Aug-11 21:07:25

Hi all, I have a gorgeous little girl, Isla, who is just over 5 months old. She is in a pretty good routine during the day, typically
- 7.30am Awake and up
- 8.15am Breakfast/milk
- 9.45-10.30/11 Nap
- 11.30 Milk
- 12.30/1pm-2pm/2.30 Nap
- 3pm Food/milk
- 4.30-5pm Catnap in pram out walking
- 5.30pm Ml

BeanInMyBelly Wed 10-Aug-11 21:14:19

Got cut off sorry!
Half 5 is milk, then bed routine is 7on with bath, massage, milk and story so she's asleep by 8pm. During the day she goes 2 sleep in her cot, wakes to and gurgles for a bit.
She stirs in the night as she turns herself round so her heads against the cot sides. We turn her back round, hand on chest and she goes off again. The 'problem' us in the mornings, anytime from half 5 til half 6, is that sometimes she wakes probably up. We have been bringing her into her with us and then she always goes back 2 sleep til half 7. Sometimes shell wake up in her own cot at half 7. Is it a big problem bringing her into our bed in the morning? Would I be better getting up early with her, because I don't want to disturb her routine 2 much, and she only really goes 2 hours before needing sleep, and 3 or so hours for food? We don't mind having her in our bed first thing, just don't want 2 cause any problems later on. Any advice or experience would be great. Thanks guys. Xo

fifitot Wed 10-Aug-11 21:17:36

If she goes back to sleep then what's the problem? I wish my DS would go back to sleep after waking at 5.30! Your DD seems to have a good routine so wouldn't worry.

Lady1nTheRadiator Wed 10-Aug-11 21:19:47

No, it sounds lovely. My DD is 10 months and I already miss her going back to sleep with us like that. Enjoy it smile

BeanInMyBelly Wed 10-Aug-11 21:23:53

Ooo now those are the answers I wanted to hear lol. We are fine with it, she goes in the middle of us and sometimes turns her head back and forth looking at us and 'chatting' for a few mins before drifting back off. Just didn't know if I was comitting a cardinal sin that would turn her into some sort of sociopath when older! (not been googling stuff, honest! Lol) Xo

Moulesfrites Wed 10-Aug-11 21:26:59

we have done this a few times with ds who is 6.5 mo. It seems to happen more when he is going through a clingy phase/teething etc. It is lovely,and as long as you are doing it safely, just enjoy it.

BeanInMyBelly Wed 10-Aug-11 21:31:53

Thanks Moules, we do seen to think she is teething a bit at the moment. Xo

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 10-Aug-11 21:36:38

If it helps I co slept completely with all of mine for the first 9 months all night long and they sleep absolutely fine smile

BeanInMyBelly Wed 10-Aug-11 21:39:15

Bet that was lovely Peppa. Don't no if I could do all night, I struggle to sleep as it is with my OH snoring all night lol. Xo

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 10-Aug-11 21:44:44

grin

Different things work for different people...I just meant that we did an extreme version of what you are doing and they all slept 12 hours a night from around 10 months in their own room - no harm done smile

The three year old is a bit of a madam though grin

ThingOne Wed 10-Aug-11 21:53:51

My five year old still comes into bed nearly every morning! He is not a sociopath. Yet ...

BeanInMyBelly Wed 10-Aug-11 22:02:46

Made me chuckle ThingOne smile I've been scaring myself with internet horror stories. Xo

ThingOne Thu 11-Aug-11 13:53:22

I should never have written it down. He came into our room this morning and announced he was going downstairs by himself and didn't need a hug. Sob, sob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now