Talk

Advanced search

Dream feed making night waking worse!

(4 Posts)
Aloha31 Wed 10-Aug-11 15:04:23

Hello, does anyone have any advice/experience with this?

My 8 week DD goes down for the night between 7 and 8, and wakes at 1 or 2 and again 4-5 for feeds. I started giving her a dream feed at around 10.30 (she hardly wakes for any of the night feeds) so she may stretch from then until later than 1-2.

But, so far, there is no difference! In fact, if anything, she wakes more often from 4.

Should I just forget the dream feed?

addictedtofrazzles Wed 10-Aug-11 17:15:16

Yes!

Ds1 loved the dream feed. I was horrified as ds2 was having none of it. I stopped giving it and he just stretched longer through the night.

ningyo Wed 10-Aug-11 20:07:00

We gave up around 10 or 11 weeks as we had exactly the same situation as you. Our ds (who was ebf and is now 12 months) would have a dreamfeed around 10 or 11, then be awake again around 1 or 2 and again around 4 or 5. When we skipped the dreamfeed one night he still woke at 1 and 4 so we gave up as it made no difference. From then on I just fed him when he woke himself. He gradually stretched for longer through the night (although he still hasn't worked out how to sleep for 12 hours straight - current record is 10 hours without waking).

Aloha31 Thu 11-Aug-11 12:21:42

Thank you - thought is was just us! DD goes up to seven hours, but from 7pm, would be great were it from midnight instead!

That said, it is so lovely cuddling her while feeding, and I know the night feeds won't be for long (hopefully!).

I am convinced she will give up one of the night feeds by herself anyway naturally, as she isn't too keen on the second one.

Ningyo - hope your DS sleeps through soon although sounds like he isn't doing too badly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now