Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your 10 month olds naps, I feel like I'm failing!

(3 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Tue 09-Aug-11 14:27:17

Hi all,

Can you tell me when and for how long your 9-10 month old naps in th day?! I don't seem to be able to judge when my daughter is tired anymore (was never briliant at it to be honest!!) and every time I try and put her to sleep when I think she's tired and she's not we both end up cross and frustrated, obviously! I feel like a complete failure.

So out of interest when does your baby nap, how long for and when did they drop down to one nap a day?!

Thanks

downpipe Tue 09-Aug-11 14:48:40

DS1 at this age would be up at 8,have a nap11-12 in the cot, lunch about 12 and then sleep in cot 2-3, then go to bed at 8.He dropped down to one nap a day at 11 months .It wasn't too hard to switch over but he would fall asleep in the morning if in a car for more than 10mins.I think the more mobile they get, the more tired they get, so as your DD gets more & more mobile she may tire herself out more and sleep will be easier (I hope so anyway!)

pleasethanks Tue 09-Aug-11 14:59:58

My DD is nearly 11 months and for the past 3 months her day is something like this;

7-730 - up

Then about 2 - 2.5 hours after she gets up, she goes back to bed for anything between 45 mins to 1.5 hours, so she normally goes down between 9.30 and 10am

Then she goes back to bed about 3 to 3.5 hours after she got up from nap 1. So, normally, back down by 2ish. And sleep for anywhere between 1 hour to 2 hours, but I would not let her go past 415pm.

Down for night about 7ish.

I know routines are not for everyone, but it really worked for us and takes some guess work out of it. Mine was a babyled routine IYKWIM. It really works for us and we both know roughly how are days are going to be. No signs of dropping to one nap yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now