Talk

Advanced search

Three feeds a night at 7mo...normal

(3 Posts)
Cbell Mon 08-Aug-11 09:33:11

My DD is EBF and boy does she like eating...well at night any way.

If at home we might get 3 good daytime BF in without distraction. Then at bedtime it's a 6pm feed a 10pm evening feed which she usually wakes for and during the night 1pm, 3pm and 5pm. I know this looks excessive. She isn't huge and we are blw.

So how about your little one and how do I reduce this ?

HarrietJones Tue 09-Aug-11 09:34:33

Dd3 is 10 months and on 2-3 feeds a night.

liquoriceandtomatoes Tue 09-Aug-11 21:56:34

As Harriet says if you're happy with this carry on, it's fine. Normal is what suits you both.

If not, I think you need to get determined. My ds was like yours at 7months, by 8 he was sleeping through night (with 5 daytime bf's) but he did need to be at least 7mnths for us to start gentle sleep training plus I needed to know that he was eating solid food well in day which only happened around 7 mnths. I started with pantley pull-off for a few weeks to break the breast-to-sleep connection, then did a lot of pick up put down (often dad doing this), offered him a double breast feed upon waking so he could get message, and let him have long feeds in day, he then got his own room.

Maybe your dd needs to get hang of solid food before you reduce night feeds, ds also blw-er and it clicked into place around 7mnths, lots of luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now