Talk

Advanced search

Help - sleep deprivation

(5 Posts)
Tiddles2307 Sat 06-Aug-11 08:14:10

i know this is not uncommon but really don't know how to cure this prob!! My ds has been a wonderful sleeper since he was about 9 months. Slept through the night bright and happy in the morning and generally a joy!! Oh how things change!! Almost 3 now going to sleep is still a breeze!! Staying asleep, staying in own bed is virtually impossible!! My dh and I have tried everything. The silent treatment putting him back in bed and walking away - on average 90 times a night!! With both of us working this is becoming a strain and our attitude to Ds is becoming more and more fractious. Any suggestions?

RitaMorgan Sat 06-Aug-11 08:15:40

Why is he getting up?

Tiddles2307 Sat 06-Aug-11 08:31:44

He's waking and crying calling for me. When I go in he says he doesn't like his room. He snuggled down then 30 secs later same thing but this time it's his chair he doesn't like. This goes on for at least an hour and a half before he finally gives up and goes back to sleep or it's got so screamy I've taken him back to our bed and of course he's out like a light

Gastonladybird Sat 06-Aug-11 08:39:24

Did any change trigger this in routine , health etc?

RitaMorgan Sat 06-Aug-11 08:39:35

Is he having nightmares? Is there something in his room that is scaring him in the dark?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now