Talk

Advanced search

Three year old not sleeping. I am worried.

(1 Post)
dogsagoodun Sat 06-Aug-11 07:57:22

I was unsure whether to put this in sleep or behaviour, but have a feeling that one is strongly affecting the other. We are having a very difficult time with our three and a half year old. He has always woken a lot in the night but at the moment the quality of sleep he is getting is just awful. After the first hour or two asleep he then literally tosses and turns and writhes about ALL night. He just cannot keep still. It is like something is hurting him or he just cannot get comfortable. The knock on effect of this is that we get no sleep either as he is usually in our bed at this point. I have been through the usual checklist (needing a wee etc) but nothing seems to help. My DH and I are on our knees with exhaustion!

To add this this, over the last six weeks or so his behaviour has declined dramatically. I can hardly recognise my little boy at times. He is surly, uncooperative and angry. I am not sure if this is the cause or a symptom of the sleep issue. We are at a loss as to what to do next.

What is going on with my little boy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now